AnneMarie's Flickr Page

www.flickr.com
AnneMarie Sharkey's items Go to AnneMarie Sharkey's photostream

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Lanzarote

I knew I would regret not taking my DSLR or even my film SLR with me on holiday. It's very hard to force an automatic compact to do what you want it to do when it's not already a function of the camera.

However, I did my best to achieve a bokeh shot of Correlejo, Fuerteventura and also to get the lovely colours of the volcanos of the island, showing in amazing layers under the pink sky.

I also attempted some sunset shots, which didn't work out as good as I would have liked.

I also have specs of sand on the lens that I can't seem to remove and they show up in a lot of the photos that I took (meaning it was probably a good thing I didn't take my DSLR).
I had bought an underwater camera for the trip away but I didn't really get an opportunity to use it. When I did use it there were people in it who don't wish the photos to be published so I will leave you with my rubbish first attempts at using it.
I had tried an image of half-in-half-out the sea but the swell was moving too fast for the camera so it either took the photo in or out of the sea. I then tried the camera having the waves splash up to the lens, as you can see.
The flash could either be on auto or off and, for some reason, even though it was a bit murky under the water the flash would not go off.

I felt a bit bad because the fish kept swimming around me no problem but as soon as I put the camera in the water they swam away. I could put my hand in and they didn't mind, put the snorkel mask in and they wouldn't mind but they didn't like the camera.

And lastly, my poor attempt at some aerial photography. I could see the Forth Rail Bridge but the plane was juddering and turning fast and my camera couldn't cope with how dark it was outside the plane window and light inside. Hugest sighs. However, as it was probably the only time I will get to photograph the bridge from above, here it is for you to see.

No comments: