AnneMarie's Flickr Page

www.flickr.com
AnneMarie Sharkey's items Go to AnneMarie Sharkey's photostream

Saturday 13 February 2010

Pentland Hills!

After a lovely walk through Dalkeith Country Park we decided to stop by the Pentland Hills (Hillend) to have a look at the Juniper Trees for my project at college.

Although they look quite amazing while they are bare and wintry, I will go back in March to see how they look as it gets closer to spring. With any luck I will be there when there is a gorgeous sunset.

I didn't climb up to the top of the hill as it was starting to get dark and cold but I did take a photo of a sihouetted tree against the moody clouds that were setting in. I've squared off the image and added a texture ( courtesy of Visualogist - http://www.flickr.com/photos/visualogist/). I don't think the tree is a Juniper, unfortunately, but it looked lovely all the same.

No comments: