AnneMarie's Flickr Page

www.flickr.com
AnneMarie Sharkey's items Go to AnneMarie Sharkey's photostream

Friday 19 March 2010

The original and the best!

There was a time when people used to ask me if my hair tasted of Irn Bru. A joke from some - a serious question from others!!!

Time has darkened my hair and thickened my skin (to some things at least) but, despite my deteriorating memory, I will never forget the stick I used to get for having 'ginger' hair.

I thank God that the internet wasn't around in my youthful days as I have come to learn that there is a 'Kick a ginger' day. In Glasgow (and most likely even further afield) this would really involve more than one kick - or perhaps worse. I have been threatened at knife-point more than once in my life, all because of the colour of my hair. How I managed to escape, I just don't know.

Anyway, I don't get that much harrassment these days as my hair seems to be getting quite dark - it's more like a lovely auburn now (in my opinion) - so you can all put away your tiny violins. I don't know that I'm happy that it is losing its vibrancy. It makes me feel like I am supposed to calm down in my life since my hair is calming down to a dull, uninteresting shade. There are always dyes, though, watch this space :)

So, now that I have a few public followers (and a few hidden) I am going to make a concerted effort to updating this site with something [hopefully] worth looking at. I'm really chuffed that people are having a look on here and I thank you all for giving me the time of day :D

For now, I will leave you with a photograph of a vintage Irn Bru can that I bought from the college machine just before Christmas. Remember these?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hear ya.

though sometimes I wish I had the plainest brown hair, the kind that doesnt really have a colour, cause I think that looks killer with pure red lippy.

i had no idea about the kick a ginger day. lets not advertise it any further!!!!

vukr said...

Was it a really old can or a 'special edition' release?

You've probably seen this vid called prejudice being one of those "sensitive to UV".

AnneMarie Sharkey said...

Vukr, thanks for stopping by.
The video is fantastic, haha. I've never seen it before, thanks :)

Unfortunately, the can was a special edition release.