AnneMarie's Flickr Page

www.flickr.com
AnneMarie Sharkey's items Go to AnneMarie Sharkey's photostream

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Starling Flocks

I would love to be able to photograph a Starling Flock. They are spectacular scenes of an unpredictable nature that seem so elegant and impossibly incident free.
They usually occur in Autumn, when the birds are flocking together for winter, each night before the birds settle down to roost.

Here are some images of these birds that I like.

Photograph: Fayez Nureldine


Painting: Laurent Grasso


Photograph: Massimo Cristaldi


And my favourite....
Photograph: Danny Green

2 comments:

Michael said...

Remember the huge flocks of starlings greeting everyone when the train rolled over the bridge into central station?

AnneMarie Sharkey said...

Oh yeah!!!! I wonder how Scotrail managed to stop that. It always reminded me of Stephen King's "The Dark Half"