AnneMarie's Flickr Page

www.flickr.com
AnneMarie Sharkey's items Go to AnneMarie Sharkey's photostream

Monday 4 July 2011

Primula Scotica

The Primula Scotica, a.k.a. Scottish Primrose is a rare flower found on Orkney and possibly on the North Coast of Scotland. I walked along the cliffs of Yesnaby (which were really spectacular) and only spotted one little Primrose. They have a second flowering in July so perhaps the cliffs will be abundant with primroses in a couple of weeks.


Other sitings on my little trek included the Common Blue butterfly (sadly not a native of Scotland)

A bonxy (Great Skua - another species on my tough challenge list). Here it is calling out to its buddies

I got too close to the skua so it flew away. Apparantly they attack humans so I'm glad this didn't happen to me as I was close to a very high drop.

No comments: