AnneMarie's Flickr Page

www.flickr.com
AnneMarie Sharkey's items Go to AnneMarie Sharkey's photostream

Sunday 24 April 2011

Porpoise (and seal)!!!

I kept missing the porpoises on our return trip from Largs to Port Avade (via Kyles of Bute) this weekend. I would either snap too slow (it was hard to know where they'd pop up) or the boat would be rocking too much.
When the weekend was almost over I finally managed to get a couple of shots of the Harbour Porpoise.

I also managed to get the head of a seal but the image is hopelessly blurry due to distance and the fact I was on a rocky boat. It was also too far away for me to get a proper shot.

I will mark the porpoise off my list but it doesn't mean I won't still be looking out for a better image. I'd be over the moon if I could catch more than one of them in a line, jumping out of the water. A noticable landmark in the background would be even better. A dream photo that will not likely occur in 2011's 'Tough Challenge' portfolio.

Seal at Largs


Porpoise at Strone's Point, East Kyle


Porpoise at Kyles, zoomed in


Porpoise at Largs at the end of our trip

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aha, a posting with some purpose. *sorry about that*

I almost took a photo of a hare in the park yesterday, thinking of you at the time, wondering how your challenge was coming along.

Well done on capturing the porpoises. Seals are more common (or so I hear).